Wednesday 26 January 2011

Christchurch and Wellington

Images from the Ron Mueck exhibition at Christchurch Art Gallery, possibly the most visited show this gallery has ever hosted.

Love him or hate him? What to make of the hyper-realistic representation of humanity with his obsessive attention to detail?

I'm not sure I feel either love or hate, mind you Dead Dad still elicits feelings of poignancy. And for some unknown reason (maybe I see too much in the way of metaphor) I love, Man in a Boat.

Chris, however is Not keen. He appreciates the 'craft' inherent in the work, but the sculpture itself makes his skin creep.





















Wellington was definitely my favourite city on our travels. It's a fab place, lots of quirky stuff about the place, and so much going on.

If you're ever in NZ try and pay a visit, you'll be bound to find something you like.
























- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment