Thursday 11 August 2011

Falling Gently

Starting a book for the al-Mutanabbi project

I'm in a suitably meditative mood, sitting here under grey skies, a small dog curled up asleep by my feet, listening to Sean Rowe and creating a book about belonging and impermanence.

I know this is just the start of the process and there will be two or even possibly three prototypes before I get to say what I want to.

But that's good, I like working through the ideas. It's making myself finish before moving on to the next project that's the hardest part

I'm thinking blind embossing for the blossom . . . .

The black lines I'm working with are so that I can get a feel for the balance of the thing.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely busy desk, the places people work are so intriguing, thank you for sharing your workspace, and your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I think I manage to keep the right side (just) of the fine line between busy and chaotic!

    ReplyDelete