Tuesday 25 September 2012

Wild disarray

It's so good to be back in The Shed after a week or two of gallivanting and I spent some time last week working on a piece influenced by some sketches I made in April/May this year, when the goosegrass almost seemed to take over the hedgerows in a great verdant tangle. I've been mulling it over for weeks - so time to get on!

I was after that confused, entwined dark underbelly of the hedgerow. . . . . what I seemed to create (to start with at least) was definitely a sense of muddle, with virtually 'unreadable' prints.
In an attempt to smooth out this jumbled state I resorted to trying out different colour combos,
with varying degrees of success.
I came back to it today with slightly fresher eye, and re-visited the sketch book for colour references . . . .
and now feel that I'm heading in the right direction.
 With a little time to reflect - well who knows . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment