Monday 24 March 2014

Talking teacups . . .

When working on a project I like to spend quite a bit of time chewing over ideas and making exploratory works. 

Last week was spent cutting a selection of 'cups'.

And not just cutting. 

In looking for 50's, 60's and 70's pattern and colour schemes, I've acquired one or two new specimens to draw from. This little beauty from the local 'junk' shop, a steal at £2.50 per cup and saucer.
Also, photographing likely looking subjects. This 70's vision in mustard was on the table at the Richard Jefferies House & Museum, Coate Water when I attended a BlueGate Poetry workshop with Carrie Etter

Starting to play with shape and colour . . .
Adding mono-print to linocut,
and keeping colour notes as I work - otherwise I would have no chance of remembering how I mixed my colour of choice.
Left with little parcels of ink at the end of a printmaking session.

No comments:

Post a Comment